Mediterranean Salmon with Roasted Fennel & Bell Peppers Recipe
Makes 4 servings
1-2 bulbs Fennel, center core and top fronds removed, bulb cut into 2-inch chunks
1 large Bell pepper, any color, seeds removed & cut into 2-inch chunks
½ tablespoon Olive oil, extra virgin
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black pepper
1 pound Salmon fillets, fresh, 4 equal pieces
1 medium Lemon, juice squeezed
¼ cup Parsley, leaves only, chopped
4 leafy Parsley sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Get out a large, oven-ready, sheet pan.
2. Place cut fennel and Bell pepper into a bowl, add olive oil and half each of the salt and pepper. Toss lightly.
3. Cover sheet pan with a single layer of parchment paper.
4. Scatter fennel & pepper chunks onto ½ of the covered sheet pan in a single layer.
5. Bake vegetables for 15 minutes, then remove pan from the oven.
6. Add salmon fillets onto other half of the sheet pan in a single layer.
7. Sprinkle each salmon fillet with lemon juice, chopped parsley, remaining salt and pepper.
8. Return sheet pan to the oven and bake 10 more minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.