Open Door Health Center is open and safely treating patients in our clinics or right from home with telehealth. We have three levels of screening set up for the safety of our staff, patients, and community.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Open Door Health Center is strictly adhering to the CDC map for vaccination by level.
We are not vaccinating the general public. We are not vaccinating walk-ins to the clinic.
At this time, we are only vaccinating health center staff and preparing to vaccinate the next level which will be existing patients, 65 and older, meeting strict criteria.
The providers at Open Door Health Center know that receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is a vital step in ending this pandemic.
- The vaccine is safe and effective with few side effects for very few people
- Getting the vaccine cannot give you the coronavirus
- The vaccine can help your body fight the virus if you are exposed
- Please, do your part in ending the pandemic. Continue to mask, social distance, and wash your hands frequently.
COVID-19 Testing Information
We are providing COVID-19 testing at our Mankato location to EXISTING patients only. Call (507) 388-2120 to make an appointment.
The Jordan Dental Clinic is not an active testing location.
New Patient Procedures
Once you arrive at Open Door for your appointment, there are several procedures in place to keep you, our other patients, and our staff safe from infection.
- If you have fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, please do not present to the clinic.
- Everyone will be screened for signs & symptoms of infection before entering the clinic.
- Masks are required at all times.
- Do not bring visitors with you. Patients may only be accompanied by one caregiver, and only if a caregiver is necessary. Additional family members will not be allowed into the clinic.
- Please maintain social distancing while at Open Door.
In order to limit the number of patients in our lobby at one time, please call from the parking lot when you arrive at the clinic and await instructions.
Mankato: (507) 344-5710
Jordan: (952) 492-6342
During the call, our staff will either tell you to enter the clinic or ask you to wait for someone to escort you into the building.
Please be patient with these new procedures. We are doing our absolute best to keep you safe and to treat the hundreds of patients whose appointments were cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Three Levels of Screening
- Call to be screened and schedule an appointment. During this first screening, we will determine whether we can see you in the clinic or using telehealth.
- Medical, Emergency Dental, & Behavioral Health appointments, call: (507) 388-2120
- New Dental appointments: we are unable to take your call at this time.
- Prior to an in-person appointment, your provider (or your provider’s nurse) will call to make sure you are still feeling okay.
- Anyone entering the clinic– including staff, patients, and caregivers– will be screened again for COVID-19 symptoms
Open Door has put procedures in place to safely treat our dental patients during the pandemic. Regretfully, we are unable to take new patients for the next few months as we work diligently to schedule in the thousands of existing patients who had appointments cancelled in March through June, due to COVID-19 restrictions. We apologize for any inconvenience. We are unable to take new patients in dental at this time. The exception is that we are taking patients with true dental emergencies. See dental emergencies below.
Beginning July 13th, we are prioritizing both emergency appointments and those that were cancelled in March – June, due to COVID-19 restrictions.
If you had an appointment in the last 4 months that was cancelled, we will be calling you in the next few weeks to reschedule.
There were thousands of patients with cancelled appointments that need to be rescheduled. Please remain patient as we will be calling on a first-cancelled, first-rescheduled basis.
Due to scheduling delays caused by COVID-19, we are reducing the number of 6-month cleaning appointments for patients without periodontal disease. We are going to be cancelling second/follow-up cleaning appointments for patients who were already seen in 2020, so that we are able to see all patients at least once this year. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to reschedule regular 6-month appointments again in 2021.
If you have a dental emergency that is causing excessive pain, fever, or swelling, please call (507) 388-2120 to be screened for an emergency dental appointment. Our screening staff will place you into the schedule, if possible.
Medical & Behavioral Health Appointments
To be screened and schedule an appointment in medical or behavioral health, patients can call (507) 388-2120.
This screening will determine whether we can assist in-person or by phone/video conferencing through telehealth.
Our hours for medical and behavioral health appointments remain the same, but we are not offering walk-in appointments.
8 am – 5 pm; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday;
9 am – 5 pm; Wednesday.
Mental Health Resources
Below are links to information for dealing with stress while sheltering in place.
Provided by SAMHSA, the links are in both English and Spanish.
Making and Wearing a Mask
Copyright (c) 2020 Mankato Free Press, Edition 4/15/2020