Call for an appointment: 507.388.2120, ext. 5620
For a list of insurance we accept, click here
Still without health insurance? We can help!
Whether you are already insured or not, it will take some time to get familiar with the details of the Affordable Care Act. In Minnesota, the health insurance marketplace is MNsure and Open Door Health Center is here to help you navigate it.
What is MNsure?
MNsure is Minnesota's marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses can shop, compare and choose health insurance coverage that meets their needs and budget. MNsure is the only place to qualify for financial help that can lower the cost of your monthly insurance premium.
How can Open Door Health Center help me?
We can help you navigate through the MNsure website and assist you in completing your application. We can also check the status of your case, answer questions, and assist you in submitting required documents. All of our services are provided for free!
Open Door Health Center has representatives who offer free assistance, either over the phone or in person. Contact us for an appointment, or email your questions. We will reply within 2 business days. 507.388.2120, ext. 5620| email@example.com
Don't Miss Open Enrollment
The Open Enrollment period is determined every year by MNsure. Outside open enrollment, you may not enroll for coverage unless you have a qualifying life event (such as changes in family size, marriage, and other events). However, if you qualify for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare, you can enroll year-round.
What plans are offered on MNsure and when can I sign up?
Through MNsure, you can find out if you qualify for one of the following types of plans:
Private plans, (according to your age and location) - during open enrollment, usually November through January.
*If you are eligible for one of these programs, you can enroll through MNsure all year long.
As stated above, qualifying life events may allow individuals to enroll in benefits outside of the Open Enrollment Period. Please contact an enrollment assister for details. To print the income guidelines shown below, click here.
What’s covered in the health plans offered through MNsure?
MNsure offers health plans with these essential health benefits:
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get when you are not admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (such as surgery)
- Maternity and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services
What Happens if I Don't Get Covered?
It is currently the law for most Americans to have health insurance coverage. If you are required to get health insurance coverage and do not do so, you will be subject to a tax penalty, which increases over time. There are some exceptions to the requirement for having health coverage.
Get Started Today! Follow these Easy Steps:
- Give us a call and set up your appointment. You can reach us at 507.388.2120 ext. 5620.
- We will create your online account.
- We will process the application and receive a predetermination qualification.
- Pick your plan!
Items to Bring to Your MNsure Appointment:
- Driver’s license or other ID
- Social security number for each person applying
- Date of birth for each household member
- Recent pay stubs, current tax forms, and documentation for any other sources of income
- Non-citizens must bring immigration documents such as Green Card, I-94, Employment Authorization card, or any other document proving legal status (only for applicants)
If your employer offers insurance, you must also bring:
- Employer’s Tax ID Number, EIN (this can be
- found on your W2)
- Information about any employer-provided health
- insurance available to you including the name of
- the insurance and how much it would cost you
- and your family
Need help outside the Mankato area?
Enter your zip code and find assistance with MNsure:
Para hacer una cita, lláme a: 507.388.2120